Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@oslo.online.no> on 2002/10/16 17:09:07 UTC

Re: Can I parse content that has been returned to user by simple cgi script?

At 16:47 16.10.2002, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> >>I want to upgrade my project with implementing some feature.
> >>Project was writen for mod_cgi, but I would like to parse content that
> >>was generated by my scripts to implement something like SSI or
> >>Apache::UCase and etc.
>
>PH> You can't do that.  However, you can run your CGI scripts under
>PH> Apache::PerlRun and then use Apache::Filter on them to do things like
>PH> SSI.  This will also make them much faster.
>PH> - Perrin
>Thank you!
>Now I've uderstood that it's only way.
>OK.
>And last one, could someone point me to documents about troubleshoots
>which could ocure while using Apache::PerlRun with CGI scripts that was
>writen only for mod_cgi?

There aren't many problems with Apache::PerlRun, as it goes to great
lengths to be a direct equivalent to mod_cgi so that "dirty scripts" can run.
Anyway, the Guide is always here to help. See especially
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html , although a lot of this
is for Apache::Registry, which you might want to move on to later.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
pereinar@oslo.online.no

Re: Can I parse content that has been returned to user by simple cgi script?

Posted by "Ruslan U. Zakirov" <cu...@wr.miee.ru>.
AA> perldoc cgi_to_mod_perl
AA> perldoc mod_perl_traps
AA> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html
PEE> There aren't many problems with Apache::PerlRun, as it goes to great
PEE> lengths to be a direct equivalent to mod_cgi so that "dirty scripts" can run.
PEE> Anyway, the Guide is always here to help. See especially
PEE> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/porting.html , although a lot of this
PEE> is for Apache::Registry, which you might want to move on to later.
Thanks!
I think enough information for me and I've answers for all my
questions.
Thank you all.

                          mailto:cubic@wr.miee.ru