Posted to test-dev@httpd.apache.org by Chris Williams <ch...@cmguc.com> on 2002/01/02 19:14:07 UTC

Quick flood question...

I am hacking around in flood to change how it handles cookies.  What I am
trying to do is have the current cookie list freed once a farmer completes a
round.  I think I found where to do this in round_robin_loop_condition.  My
question is how to free the cookie struct since it is using the apr_pcalloc
to get the memory.  I could just NULL out rp->cookie but will that cause
memory growth in the long run?  Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks!
Chris

Re: Quick flood question...

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 01:14:07PM -0500, Chris Williams wrote:
> I am hacking around in flood to change how it handles cookies.  What I am
> trying to do is have the current cookie list freed once a farmer completes a
> round.  I think I found where to do this in round_robin_loop_condition.  My
> question is how to free the cookie struct since it is using the apr_pcalloc
> to get the memory.  I could just NULL out rp->cookie but will that cause
> memory growth in the long run?  Any suggestions would be great.

Yes, it'll cause memory growth when rp->cookie gets repopulated. I've
been meaning to rethink how we do memory cleanups in flood for awhile, but
for now you might want to just call apr_pool_clear() after each "round".
Eventually we'll have a pool for each of the necessary lifetimes (farm,
farmer, profile, urllist, url, etc...), and one for each iteration
thereof, so we can have very fine grained memory control.

-aaron