Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by KISSsoft <Di...@KISSsoft.nl> on 2007/06/16 11:56:54 UTC

Liferay and OFBiz

Hello,

What is the best way to run OFBiz and Liferay together?

I'm trying to install Liferay in the Hot-Deploy directory. But i can't get
it to work.

Tnx,
Dirk

Re: Liferay and OFBiz

Posted by KISSsoft <Di...@KISSsoft.nl>.
Thanks for your answer. I got some other apps deployed thru the hot-deploy
directory, so i know the OFBiz basics.

It's the Liferay start up what's the problem. I give up on trying to deploy
it on OFBiz.
I'll try it by remoting.

Tnx,
Dirk

RE: Liferay and OFBiz

Posted by Larry Smith <la...@datasmith.biz>.
I would be interested in portal integration with OFBiz..

As an aside, I am curious if anyone has pursued migrating UI to JSF 2 and/or
providing an complete web service interface for all OFBiz features..

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@gmail.com>.
Well the advice would be:

   - you can check all the functionality you would want provided from the
   OFBiz system (assuming that will pre-exist ?). Maybe you do some research
   on the trunk version of ecommerce application ?
   - for all the functionality that you would want to use from Liferay you
   will need to identify  the repsective service calls. The root calls for
   these are all available on the controler.xml file on the ecommerce
   component. From there you will need to dig deeper into the OFBiz system. I

Re: Liferay and OFBiz

Re: Liferay and OFBiz

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@gmail.com>.
AFAIK Liferay is a Portal Server following JSR 168.
OFBiz has it's own Portal capabilities outside this JSR.

So I do doubt whether there is any meaningful and useful way to integrate
Liferay as a OFBiz application in hot-deploy or convert all OFBiz
applications into JSR-168 Portlets otherwise.
I do suggest you investigate further on the Service-Layer integration using
your own Liferay Portlets as a GUI.

On the other hand: Why redevelop GUIs that you can find or easily extend on
the OFBiz framework ?

I honestly think you will have to review your requirements and see which
path makes more sense in terms of development efforts.
If you want, we could discuss further here, but without some more context
on why you are looking to integrate the two platforms, this would be hard
to do as well.

Kind regards

Re: Liferay and OFBiz

Re: Liferay and OFBiz

Posted by Aakash Garhwal <aa...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Selma,

Whenever we have to call the OFBiz service as an Web Service then we
have to set export="true" in service definition. After that go to URL:

https://localhost:8443/webtools/control/ServiceList

Here you have to check the given service ("getOrderStatus" in my case)
is exportable or not,  If Yes than display as a WSDL like that,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><wsdl:definitions
xmlns:tns="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/"
targetNamespace="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/">
<wsdl:types>
<xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/">
<xsd:element name="std-String">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="std-Integer">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:integer" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="std-Long">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:long" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="std-Float">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:float" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="std-Double">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:double" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="std-Boolean">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:boolean" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="std-Locale">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="sql-Timestamp">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:dateTime" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="sql-Date">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:date" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="sql-Time">
<xsd:complexType>
<xsd:attribute name="value" type="xsd:time" use="required"/>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="col-ArrayList" type="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element name="col-LinkedList" type="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element name="col-Stack" type="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element name="col-Vector" type="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element name="col-TreeSet" type="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element name="col-HashSet" type="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element name="col-Collection" type="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element name="map-TreeMap" type="tns:map-Map"/>
<xsd:element name="map-WeakHashMap" type="tns:map-Map"/>
<xsd:element name="map-Hashtable" type="tns:map-Map"/>
<xsd:element name="map-Properties" type="tns:map-Map"/>
<xsd:element name="map-HashMap" type="tns:map-Map"/>
<xsd:element name="map-Map" type="tns:map-Map"/>
<xsd:element name="map-Entry" type="tns:map-Entry"/>
<xsd:element name="map-Key" type="tns:map-Key"/>
<xsd:element name="map-Value" type="tns:map-Value"/>
<xsd:element name="eepk-" type="tns:map-Map">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:documentation>The name of element need to be appended with name of
entity such as eepk-Product for Product entity.</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="eeval-" type="tns:map-Map">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:documentation>The name of element need to be appended with name of
entity such as eeval-Product for Product entity.</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:element name="cus-obj">
<xsd:annotation>
<xsd:documentation>Object content need to be in CDATA such as
&lt;cus-obj&gt;&lt;![CDATA[--byteHex--]]&gt;&lt;/cus-obj&gt;</xsd:documentation>
</xsd:annotation>
</xsd:element>
<xsd:complexType name="map-Map">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:map-Entry"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:complexType name="map-Entry">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:map-Key"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:map-Value"/>
</xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:complexType name="map-Key">
<xsd:all>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:std-String"/>
</xsd:all>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:complexType name="map-Value">
<xsd:choice>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:std-String"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:std-Integer"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:std-Long"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:std-Float"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:std-Double"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:std-Boolean"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:std-Locale"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:sql-Timestamp"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:sql-Date"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:sql-Time"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:col-ArrayList"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:col-LinkedList"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:col-Stack"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:col-Vector"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:col-TreeSet"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:col-HashSet"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:map-HashMap"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:map-Properties"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:map-Hashtable"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:map-WeakHashMap"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:map-TreeMap"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:map-Map"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:eepk-"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="1" ref="tns:eeval-"/>
</xsd:choice>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:complexType name="col-Collection">
<xsd:choice>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:std-String"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:std-Integer"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:std-Long"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:std-Float"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:std-Double"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:std-Boolean"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:std-Locale"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:sql-Timestamp"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:sql-Date"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:sql-Time"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:col-ArrayList"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:col-LinkedList"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:col-Stack"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:col-Vector"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:col-TreeSet"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:col-HashSet"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:col-Collection"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:map-HashMap"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:map-Properties"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:map-Hashtable"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:map-WeakHashMap"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:map-TreeMap"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:map-Map"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:eepk-"/>
<xsd:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" ref="tns:eeval-"/>
</xsd:choice>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>
</wsdl:types>
<wsdl:message name="getOrderStatusRequest">
<wsdl:part name="map-Map" type="tns:map-Map">
<wsdl:documentation>
<attribute java-class="String" name="orderId"
namespace="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/" optional="false"
type="std-String"/>
<attribute java-class="java.lang.String" name="login.username"
namespace="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/" optional="true"
type="std-String"/>
<attribute java-class="java.lang.String" name="login.password"
namespace="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/" optional="true"
type="std-String"/>
</wsdl:documentation>
</wsdl:part>
</wsdl:message>
<wsdl:message name="getOrderStatusResponse">
<wsdl:part name="map-Map" type="tns:map-Map">
<wsdl:documentation>
<attribute java-class="String" name="statusId"
namespace="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/" optional="false"
type="std-String"/>
</wsdl:documentation>
</wsdl:part>
</wsdl:message>
<wsdl:portType name="getOrderStatusPortType">
<wsdl:operation name="getOrderStatus">
<wsdl:input message="tns:getOrderStatusRequest"/>
<wsdl:output message="tns:getOrderStatusResponse"/>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:portType>
<wsdl:binding name="getOrderStatusSoapBinding"
type="tns:getOrderStatusPortType">
<soap:binding style="rpc" transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"/>
<wsdl:operation name="getOrderStatus">
<soap:operation
soapAction="http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/SOAPService"
style="rpc"/>
<wsdl:input>
<soap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/" use="literal"/>
</wsdl:input>
<wsdl:output>
<soap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="http://ofbiz.apache.org/service/" use="literal"/>
</wsdl:output>
</wsdl:operation>
</wsdl:binding>
<wsdl:service name="getOrderStatus">
<wsdl:port binding="tns:getOrderStatusSoapBinding"
name="getOrderStatusPort">
<soap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/SOAPService"/>
</wsdl:port>
</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

After that create a Java Client, Here you have to set the end point
("http://localhost:8080/webtools/control/SOAPService") to call the Web
Service from outside application. I hope this will help you.

Aakash Garhwal
Subject-Matter Adept
HotWax Media, Inc.| 67.221.226.154

Re: Liferay and OFBiz

Posted by "pierre.gaudin" <pi...@nereide.fr>.
Hi Selma,

You can find a useful cookbook writing by Ruth Hoffman  on this subject.
Here is a link to get an extract of this book :
http://www.packtpub.com/article/web-services-apache

Pierre

Re: Liferay and OFBiz

Re: Liferay and OFBiz

Posted by Aakash Garhwal <aa...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Selma, I did not try this before but as for as my opinion I think
we can go for Remote services such as RMI & SOAP. Please try this link
may this will help you.

https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBIZ/calling-ofbiz-services-from-liferay-using-soap.html

--
Kind Regards