Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@apache.org> on 2019/03/06 14:00:23 UTC

4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Dear Apache Enthusiast,

(You’re receiving this because you are subscribed to one or more user
mailing lists for an Apache Software Foundation project.)

TL;DR:
 * Apache Roadshow DC is in 3 weeks. Register now at
https://apachecon.com/usroadshowdc19/
 * Registration for Apache Roadshow Chicago is open.
http://apachecon.com/chiroadshow19
 * The CFP for ApacheCon North America is now open.
https://apachecon.com/acna19
 * Save the date: ApacheCon Europe will be held in Berlin, October 22nd
through 24th.  https://apachecon.com/aceu19

Registration is open for two Apache Roadshows; these are smaller events
with a more focused program and regional community engagement:

Our Roadshow event in Washington DC takes place in under three weeks, on
March 25th. We’ll be hosting a day-long event at the Fairfax campus of
George Mason University. The roadshow is a full day of technical talks
(two tracks) and an open source job fair featuring AWS, Bloomberg, dito,
GridGain, Linode, and Security University. More details about the
program, the job fair, and to register, visit
https://apachecon.com/usroadshowdc19/

Apache Roadshow Chicago will be held May 13-14th at a number of venues
in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood. This event will feature sessions
in AdTech, FinTech and Insurance, startups, “Made in Chicago”, Project
Shark Tank (innovations from the Apache Incubator), community diversity,
and more. It’s a great way to learn about various Apache projects “at
work” while playing at a brewery, a beercade, and a neighborhood bar.
Sign up today at https://www.apachecon.com/chiroadshow19/

We’re delighted to announce that the Call for Presentations (CFP) is now
open for ApacheCon North America in Las Vegas, September 9-13th! As the
official conference series of the ASF, ApacheCon North America will
feature over a dozen Apache project summits, including Cassandra,
Cloudstack, Tomcat, Traffic Control, and more. We’re looking for talks
in a wide variety of categories -- anything related to ASF projects and
the Apache development process. The CFP closes at midnight on May 26th.
In addition, the ASF will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary during the
event. For more details and to submit a proposal for the CFP, visit
https://apachecon.com/acna19/ . Registration will be opening soon.

Be sure to mark your calendars for ApacheCon Europe, which will be held
in Berlin, October 22-24th at the KulturBrauerei, a landmark of Berlin's
industrial history. In addition to innovative content from our projects,
we are collaborating with the Open Source Design community
(https://opensourcedesign.net/) to offer a track on design this year.
The CFP and registration will open soon at https://apachecon.com/aceu19/ .

Sponsorship opportunities are available for all events, with details
listed on each event’s site at http://apachecon.com/.

We look forward to seeing you!

Rich, for the ApacheCon Planners
@apachecon

Fwd: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
FYI. The CFP for ApacheCon North America is now open.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,
just a quick reminder call for presentations for ApacheCon North
America in Las Vegas is ending in 10 days.

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Cameleers,

--
Zoran Regvart

Fwd: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
I will apply for the speech for ECharts.
Thanks.

Zhang Wenli
http://zhangwenli.com

Li,De(BDG) <li...@baidu.com> 于2019年3月7日周四 下午5:25写道:

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Li,De(BDG)" <li...@baidu.com>.

Posted by "Li,De(BDG)" <li...@baidu.com>.

Posted by "Li,De(BDG)" <li...@baidu.com>.

FW: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Re: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon [etc]

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon [etc]

Posted by Luis Rodríguez Fernández <uo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing Chris.

BTW: I've checked the one in Berlin [1]. Do you have an idea when the call
for abstracts will be open?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

[1] https://apachecon.com/aceu19/index.html

El mié., 13 mar. 2019 a las 2:31, Christopher Schultz (<
chris@christopherschultz.net>) escribió:

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

- Samuel Beckett

RE: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon [etc]

Posted by "Berneburg, Cris J. - US" <cb...@caci.com>.
-- Christopher Schultz (cs) wrote 3/12/19:
-- Rich Bowen (rb) wrote 3/6/19:

rb> * Apache Roadshow DC is in [2] weeks. Register now at
rb> https://apachecon.com/usroadshowdc19/

cs> I'll be speaking at this event, and I'd love to meet some
cs> local Tomcat-ers. It's $25 to attend; schedule available
cs> at https://apachecon.com/usroadshowdc19/schedule.html

Thanks Chris, looking forward to it!

rb> Monday, March 25th @ George Mason University, Fairfax
cs> Hope to see some folks there,

I plan on attending.  Anyone else?

--
Cris Berneburg
CACI Lead Software Engineer

Re: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon [etc]

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Fwd: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Jinks <mi...@gmail.com>.
Greetings.  Best of luck, but I shouldn't be on the mailing list any
more.  Quick look and I don't see any unsubscribe button(s).  Help me
out?

Thanks.

Posted by Ivan Serdyuk <lo...@gmail.com>.
If someone has any interested - here are some of our Ukrainian confs:

https://testingstage.com/
https://devopsstage.com/
https://2018.uapycon.org/

Ivan

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 3/7/19 4:00 AM, Sobkowiak Krzysztof wrote:
> Hi
>
> Any plans for discount for committers?

Yes, we always have a committers discount. Details of that will be sent
to the committers list.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/

Re: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Posted by Sobkowiak Krzysztof <kr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Any plans for discount for committers?

Best regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak

Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC
(http://www.capgeminisoftware.pl/)

Re: 4 Apache Events in 2019: DC Roadshow soon; next up Chicago, Las Vegas, and Berlin!

Posted by Ivan Serdyuk <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Here are the Apache related events in 2019, please take a look and let
me know what you think.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem