Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Michael Blow <mb...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/15 17:08:52 UTC

AsterixDB build now requires Maven 3.3.9

All,

A change to break the build if hard-tabs are present in source files has a
dependency on the latest version of maven.  Older versions have been
reported to fail with an error similar to:

Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.17:check (verify-style)
on project apache-asterixdb-hyracks: Unable to parse configuration of mojo
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.17:check for parameter
sourceDirectories: Cannot assign configuration entry 'sourceDirectories'
with value
'<>/asterixdb/hyracks-fullstack/src/main/java,<>/asterixdb/hyracks-fullstack/src/test/java'
of type java.lang.String to property of type java.util.List -> [Help 1]

Please ensure you are running with Maven 3.3.9 to avoid this issue.

Thanks,

-MDB

Re: AsterixDB build now requires Maven 3.3.9

Posted by Michael Blow <mb...@gmail.com>.
Yes, as both Jenkins and I were already running with 3.3.9, the new
requirement was not noticed until reported by a dev post-merge. Had it been
realized, we certainly would have tried to give ample notice.

Thanks,

-MDB

Posted by Chris Hillery <ch...@hillery.land>.
That seems like a good idea. So we won't upgrade maven on the commit
validation machine without discussion, or at least notification.

I assume 3.3.9 is the exact version on there today?

Ceej

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.

Posted by Taewoo Kim <wa...@gmail.com>.
It took me a few minutes before I find this thread. For those who use OS X
- https://maven.apache.org/install.html

Best,
Taewoo

Posted by Chris Hillery <ch...@hillery.land>.