Posted to users@maven.apache.org by SRINIVASA RAO <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/13 05:32:19 UTC

Need Help From Maven Integration

Hi All,
I am new to Maven and have been asked to set up new development environment in my office.Till now we are using CVS on one of the remote servers and web server(TOMCAT 5.x) running on individual developer machine. we use Eclipse 3.3 as Java IDE. All the developers commit their work from their local machines to CVS and we create WAR file of the application manually through ANT using build.xml file. Our application having following folder structure.
 myApplication
 |-- CSS(folder)
 |-- images
 |-- java scripts(folder)
 |-- JSP(folder)
 |-- WEB_INF(folder)
 |    |-- classes
 |    |-- lib
 |    |-- src
 |    |  |-- com
 |    |      |-- companyName
 |    |          |-- applicationName
 |    |              |-- Java files in their respective folders
 |    |
 |    |
 |    |--struts-config.xml

 |--build.xml
 |--build.properties
 In the new development environment, we need CVS on a remote server, and Maven doing the ANT thing automatically on week-ends.
 I have installed the Maven and run the mvn --version command successfully. We need Maven to compile our project and package it to WAR file and deploy it at a specific
 location on the server.
 I have been reading Maven 2.0.9 documentation and other helping material from last 3-4 days, but couldn't figure out how to use it practically.
 Finally , i got your contact ids from Apache site. Could any body please give me any solultion or way to solve my problem or any tutorials on this , it will be very greatfull to me.
 Thanks & Regards,
 Srinivas.

Re: Need Help From Maven Integration

Posted by N D <ni...@gmail.com>.
yeah...i think there is also a pdf download available for it..

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.

Posted by N D <ni...@gmail.com>.
google out.. you will find everything you need..