Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Tom Bichay <bi...@gmx.net> on 2010/09/22 15:10:10 UTC

Continuous Feed usage with CouchDB

Hi,

I am trying to implement a continuous _changes connection to couchdb (cloudant) with jQuery from a different domain (that's why I am using JSONP).

With:

$.ajax({
          url: "http://app264565.heroku.cloudant.com/geocha/_changes?filter=channel/messages_for&include_docs=true&feed=continuous&channel="+geocha.channelId,
          dataType: "jsonp",
          jsonp: "geocha.chat.stateChanged"
        });

where "geocha.chat.stateChanged" is my callback function, I would expect to get invoked each time the continuous connection gets a new object.

But it does not.

It connects correctly to the correct couchdb server and I can inspect the correct returned json (even when I am saving new documents), but I am not able to invoke any function for changes.
I tried to append an onreadystatechange event listener:

var connection = $.ajax({
          url: "http://app264565.heroku.cloudant.com/geocha/_changes?filter=channel/messages_for&include_docs=true&feed=continuous&channel="+geocha.channelId,
          dataType: "jsonp",
          jsonp: "geocha.chat.stateChanged"
        });

connection.onreadystatechange = geocha.chat.stateChanged;

But as a JSONP-Connection is not a real XMLHttpRequest object that is not possible.

Does anyone know what is wrong with my code?

I tried heaps of different things ($.get, $.getJSON, $.jsonp plugin). But it is always the same problem.

I just need a way to invoke a function for each new arriving json.

Thanks
Tom
--
BICHAY IT [bi:shay]
IT | Consulting | Development

Kammachergasse 2
89073 Ulm
0151 - 20669066
tom@bichay.de | bichay@gmx.net
www.bichay.de

Re: Continuous Feed usage with CouchDB

Posted by Anton Podviaznikov <po...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
I don't understand what you mean under

> > try using feed=longpoll, and having your callback function open the
connection again.

let's say I has code
var connection=$.ajax({
         url: "my_url",
         dataType: "jsonp",
         jsonp: "my_callback",
         feed:"longpoll"
       });
connection.onreadystatechange = my_callback;

How can I modify the code to open connection in the callback function?
Thanks a lot

Tom Bichay <bi...@...> writes:

> Hi Chris,
>
> thanks for the reply again.
>
> Yes! You replied already. I wrote this message in the mailing list before I
wrote you directly. But thanks again.

Posted by Tom Bichay <bi...@gmx.net>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.