Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lars Noodén <la...@gmx.com> on 2022/02/04 20:39:30 UTC

[users@httpd] FastCGI with a designated socket

Hello,

I have been reading the documentation [1] and searching unsuccessfully
for guides about how to set up Apache to use FastCGI with a designated
socket.  For that I have set up Apache 2.4.52 on Raspberry Pi OS
GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye) on armv7l.

I also have a standalone FastCGI-aware perl script running and listening
to a specific socket under /var/run/apache2/ and I'd like to be able
point to the address http://server-0d/proxy/ and interact with the script.

So I ask, what all needs to be set so that a requesting a URL from
Apaceh2 will send information to the standalone script via the socket?

My instance of Apache2 has a bare bones Vhost configuration which serves
static pages so far.

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName server-0d
     ErrorLog  ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/server-0d.error.log
     CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/server-0d.access.log combined
     DocumentRoot /var/www/server-0d/html
     <Directory  "/var/www/server-0d/html">
         Options Indexes
     </Directory>

     <Location /proxy>
         AddHandler fcgid-script fcgi
     </Location>
</VirtualHost>

The FcgidIPCDir directive is described as pointing to a directory not a
specific socket.

/Lars

[1] https://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html