Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/08 15:59:14 UTC

Re: Timeline to drop Java 6 support for Proton?

Epic bump.

As per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-935 the build is
currently broken again on Java 6. We need to either update it to
compile on Java 6, since that is still the builds compiler
source/target, or alternatively drop support for Java 6 and require
Java 7.

I'd do the latter given that noone except the CI box seems to be
testing it, Java 7 is already EOL itself, and most if not all of the
dependent proejcts that I am aware of using proton-j already require
Java 7 themselves now.

Robbie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I have updated the pom file to use Java 7 for the compiler source
and target, and updated the remaining jobs on the ASF Jenkins CI to
also use Java 7 (having changed the deploy job previously because
Java6 isnt able to work with the recent new SSL proxy).

Currently still failing due the tests though due to issues in the
recent commit from Bozzo.

Robbie

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Schloming <rh...@alum.mit.edu>.