Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ismael Juma <ij...@apache.org> on 2017/06/29 00:52:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0 Released

The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
Kafka 0.11.0.0. This is a feature release which includes the completion
of 32 KIPs, over 400 bug fixes and improvements, and more than 700 pull
requests merged.

All of the changes in this release can be found in the release notes:
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/RELEASE_NOTES.html
(this is a link to a mirror due to temporary issues affecting
archive.apache.org)

Apache Kafka is a distributed streaming platform with five core APIs:

** The Producer API allows an application to publish a stream records to
one or more Kafka topics.

** The Consumer API allows an application to subscribe to one or more
topics and process the stream of records produced to them.

** The Streams API allows an application to act as a stream processor,
consuming an input stream from one or more topics and producing an
output stream to one or more output topics, effectively transforming the
input
streams to output streams.

** The Connector API allows building and running reusable producers or
consumers that connect Kafka topics to existing applications or data
systems. For example, a connector to a relational database might capture
every change to a table.

** The AdminClient API allows managing and inspecting topics, brokers, acls
and other Kafka objects.

With these APIs, Kafka can be used for two broad classes of application:

** Building real-time streaming data pipelines that reliably get data
between systems or applications.

** Building real-time streaming applications that transform or react to
the streams of data.

You can download the source release from
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka-0.11.0.0-src.tgz

and binary releases from
*https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka_2.11-0.11.0.0.tgz
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka_2.11-0.11.0.0.tgz>*

*https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka_2.12-0.11.0.0.tgz
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.11.0.0/kafka_2.12-0.11.0.0.tgz>*
Thanks to the 118 contributors on this release!

Aaron Coburn, Adrian McCague, Aegeaner, Akash Sethi, Akhilesh Naidu, Alex
Loddengaard, Allen Xiang, amethystic, Amit Daga, Andrew Olson, Andrey
Dyachkov, anukin, Apurva Mehta, Armin Braun, Balint Molnar, Ben Stopford,
Bernard Leach, Bharat Viswanadham, Bill Bejeck, Bruce Szalwinski, Chris
Egerton, Christopher L. Shannon, Clemens Valiente, Colin P. Mccabe, Dale
Peakall, Damian Guy, dan norwood, Dana Powers, Davor Poldrugo, dejan2609,
Dhwani Katagade, Dong Lin, Dustin Cote, Edoardo Comar, Eno Thereska, Ewen
Cheslack-Postava, gosubpl, Grant Henke, Guozhang Wang, Gwen Shapira,
Hamidreza Afzali, Hao Chen, hejiefang, Hojjat Jafarpour, huxi, Ismael Juma,
Ivan A. Melnikov, Jaikiran Pai, James Cheng, James Chien, Jan Lukavsky,
Jason Gustafson, Jean-Philippe Daigle, Jeff Chao, Jeff Widman, Jeyhun
Karimov, Jiangjie Qin, Jon Freedman, Jonathan Monette, Jorge Quilcate,
jozi-k, Jun Rao, Kamal C, Kelvin Rutt, Kevin Sweeney, Konstantine
Karantasis, Kyle Winkelman, Lihua Xin, Magnus Edenhill, Magnus Reftel,
Manikumar Reddy O, Marco Ebert, Mario Molina, Matthias J. Sax, Maysam
Yabandeh, Michael Andre Pearce, Michael G. Noll, Michal Borowiecki, Mickael
Maison, Nick Pillitteri, Nikki Thean, Onur Karaman, Paolo Patierno,
pengwei-li, Prabhat Kashyap, Qihuang Zheng, radai-rosenblatt, Raghav Kumar
Gautam, Rajini Sivaram, Randall Hauch, Ryan P, Sachin Mittal, Sandesh K,
Satish Duggana, Sean McCauliff, sharad-develop, Shikhar Bhushan, shuguo
zheng, Shun Takebayashi, simplesteph, Steven Schlansker, Stevo Slavic,
sunnykrgupta, Sönke Liebau, Tim Carey-Smith, Tom Bentley, Tommy Becker,
Umesh Chaudhary, Vahid Hashemian, Vitaly Pushkar, Vogeti, Will Droste, Will
Marshall, Wim Van Leuven, Xavier Léauté, Xi Hu, xinlihua, Yuto Kawamura

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
http://kafka.apache.org/

Thanks,
Ismael

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0 Released

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
+1.

Thank you Ismael for your hard work on this release.

--Vahid

From:   Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>
To:     "dev@kafka.apache.org" <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Cc:     "users@kafka.apache.org" <us...@kafka.apache.org>,
announce@apache.org, kafka-clients <ka...@googlegroups.com>
Date:   06/28/2017 07:22 PM
Subject:        Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0 Released

Ismael,

Thanks for running this release!

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0 Released

Posted by Vahid S Hashemian <va...@us.ibm.com>.
+1.

From:   Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>
To:     "dev@kafka.apache.org" <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Cc:     "users@kafka.apache.org" <us...@kafka.apache.org>,
announce@apache.org, kafka-clients <ka...@googlegroups.com>
Date:   06/28/2017 07:22 PM

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0 Released

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Ismael,

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0 Released

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Ismael,

--
-- Guozhang

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0 Released

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ismael,

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Ismael,

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
great work from the community. Thanks for driving this huge release!