Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Martin, Stanley L" <St...@hexagonusfederal.com> on 2022/04/18 16:34:33 UTC

RE: Insufficient Permissions for Expression Language

Is my instance of NiFi trying to reach out to a NiFi URL to validate the EL or something?  If so, what would that URL be?

Thanks,

Stanley

Posted by Chris Sampson <ch...@naimuri.com>.
I'm pretty sure NiFi doesn't do that.

Rather this looks like it will be something between your browser and the
NiFi instance to which you're connecting - when you try to update the
processor property with the EL value and send it to your NiFi server,
something (not NiFi but a proxy or such as previously suggested) is
intercepting your request and rejecting it, e.g. because it thinks you're
attempting some kind of XSS attack or such.

It might be worth asking your IT support team (whoever maintains your NiFi
instance) about whether there is a proxy or load balancer or any other
firewall that you're connecting through and,  if so, what protections are
being employed therein.