Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Wooding <ri...@camara.co.za> on 2000/10/02 15:03:50 UTC

Problems with jsp:setProperty & introspection

Hi,

I am having trouble with jsp:setProperty

I have a bean CategoryBean which has the property CategoryNo
the bean has a setCategoryNo and a getCategoryNo and it adheres to the
JavaBean spec.

When I use the following code in jsp:

<jsp:useBean id="category" class="za.co.camara.fedhasa.CategoryBean"
scope="request">
<jsp:setProperty name="category" property="*" />
</jsp:useBean>

it fails to set any of the parameters I pass to it:

<jsp:useBean id="category" class="za.co.camara.fedhasa.CategoryBean"
scope="request">
<jsp:setProperty name="category" property="CategoryNo">
</jsp:useBean>

it generates the following exception:

Error: 500
Location:/fedhasa/category.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Cannot find any information on property
'CategoryNo' in a bean of type 'za.co.camara.fedhasa.CategoryBean'
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspecthelper(JspRuntimeLibra
ry.java:211)
 at
_0002fcategory_0002ejspcategory_jsp_8._jspService(_0002fcategory_0002ejspcat
egory_jsp_8.java:163)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
......... etc.

This failure to successfully introspect properties is happening with all  my
beans.
What could be causing this???

Richard Wooding - Developer - Camara Consulting
e-mail: richard@camara.co.za icq: 7082626 msn: richard@camara.co.za

139 Hatfield Str, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001 Tel (Work): +27 (21) 4652138 Tel
(Home): +27 (21) 4652544

Re: java api

Posted by Peter Choe <ch...@mindspring.com>.
no problem.  i use it.

java api

Re: Problems with jsp:setProperty & introspection

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

Richard Wooding wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble with jsp:setProperty
>
> I have a bean CategoryBean which has the property CategoryNo
> the bean has a setCategoryNo and a getCategoryNo and it adheres to the
> JavaBean spec.

Try it with the property renamed to use a lower case
initial letter.

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam