Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/23 05:36:23 UTC

Decision Tree - Help

Can we implement Decision Tree as Mapreduce Job ?
What all algorithms can be converted into MapReduce Job?

Thanks
        Unmesha

Re: Decision Tree - Help

Posted by unmesha sreeveni <un...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jens

I Refereed Apache Mahout <http://mahout.apache.org/>

6 Feb 2012 - Apache Mahout 0.6 released
Apache Mahout has reached version 0.6. All developers are encouraged
to begin using version 0.6. Highlights include:
Improved Decision Tree performance and added support for regression problems

I downloaded Apache mahout:

1. Whether "df" is the implementation of decision tree?

Some of the documents tell that it is not Decision tree but Random forest

What is it actually?

--
*Thanks & Regards*

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B