Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by srinir <sr...@nextag.com> on 2012/06/28 11:09:08 UTC

writing unit test for a search component which works only with distributed search

I have written a custom search component,  but the code only supports
distributed search. Since we dont use non-distributed search and the search
works differently for non-distributed case, we decided to concentrate only
on distributed search.

I am trying to write unit test for my custom component. I could see that
BaseDistributedSearchTestCase's query method compares the result of a single
sharded control and multisharded test. I cannot use this method as my
component would work only for multisharded search. Ideally I would like to
use something like SolrTestCaseJ4's assertQ method, where i can use an xpath
expression to validate the results. Does SolrTestCaseJ4 already support
distributed search or do I need to customize it ? Or is there any other way
to write unit test case that would work for distributed-only cases ?

Thanks for your help!
Srini