Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net> on 2008/10/07 15:55:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: r702479 - in /geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches: 2.0.1/ 2.1.2/ 2.1.3/ 2.1/

Just FYI .... in the server we initially create the release branch via a
copy but then move the branch to a tag when it is released.  This
preserves the history in svn and also "removes" the release branch as
the tag is created.  You might want to consider this approach for future
GEP releases.

Joe

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Joe.  I did just update the GEP release process to be more like
the server.  Before, we had copied trunk to branches for the release
candidate.  When approved, we had copied the branch to tags, and left
the branch there.  In future, we will move the branch to tags as you
suggest.  With this commit, I removed those old branches.  The tags
version should still have the change history.

Ted Kirby