Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by CPC <ac...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/07 17:28:41 UTC

private interface for interdc messaging

Hi,

We are building 2 datacenters with each machine have one public(for native
client connections) and one for private(internode communication). What we
noticed that nodes in one datacenters trying to communicate with other
nodes in other dc over their public interfaces.
I mean:
DC1 Node1 public interface -> DC2 Node1 private interface
But what we perefer is:
DC1 Node1 private interface -> DC2 Node1 private interface

Is there any configuration so a node make interdc connection over its
private network?

Thank you...

Re: private interface for interdc messaging

Posted by Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>.
Did your network team setup route?
Can you run traceroute and see?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by CPC <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by CPC <ac...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Nitan.

Posted by Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>.

Posted by CPC <ac...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nitan,

Posted by Nitan Kainth <ni...@bamlabs.com>.

Posted by Anuj Wadehra <an...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>.
Hi,
I am not sure why you would want to connect clients on public interface. Are you making db calls from clients outside the DC?
Also, not sure why you expect two DCs to communicate on private networks unless they are two logical DCs within same physical DC.
Generally,  you configure multi dc setup in yaml as follows:
-use GossipingPropertyFileSnitch and set prefer_local to true in cassandra-rackdc.properties. This would ensure that local node to node communication within a dc happens on private.
-set Rpc_address to private ip so that clients connect to private interface.
-set listen_address to private IP.  Cassandra would communicate to nodes in local dc using this address.
-set broadcast_address to public ip.Cassandra would communicate to nodes in other dc using this address.
-set listen_on_broadcast_address to true
ThanksAnuj

  On Fri, 7 Jul 2017 at 22:58, CPC<ac...@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi,