Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Warren H. Prince" <wp...@princelaw.com> on 2012/03/15 03:33:50 UTC

create on multicore

Every night I dump my mySql db and load it into a development db.  I have also configured solr as multicore with production and development as the cores.  In order to keep my index on development current, I figured I could do a create to a new core, transition, every night, and then swap development with transition.

I tried to create transition today, but it overwrote production.  IOW, it seems to be equivalent to a swap.  So, my create command must be wrong.  Can someone help me out?  My command was:

http://myServer:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=transition&instanceDir=production&dataDir=transition/data&config=solrconfig.xml&schema=schema.xml

I'm assuming name provides the name of the new core and instanceDir tells it which core to copy ?

Thanks in advance