Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Shakya Wijerama <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/02 04:44:28 UTC

Re: Progress of GSoC 2012 project - Cannot validate against multiple XML schemas within the same namespace

Hello Michael, devs,

Here are the steps I have followed inorder to develop the code after a
discussion with Michael.

1. The important modifications are done in the newSchema(Source []sources)
methods in the XMLSchemaFactory.java class.
2. Inorder to validate shcemas against multiple namespaces, a new method
has been introduced and invoked just before the
loadGrammar() method.
3. After passing the XMLInputSources in to the new method which is named as
generateDummySchema(XMLInputSource[] xmlInputSources)
it will return a top-level generated schema.
4. It glues all the the sources together and can contain a tree of schemas
which can be traversed recursively by Xerces.
5. After schema generation a new entity resolver to resolve the sources
which I have generated in the generateDummySchema method
(this has to be implemented).
6. I have to keep a cache of the sources that were passed in and any
include level schemas that were generated, the resolver would
return these documents when asked by Xerces. The caching mechanism is done
through StringBuffers.

Hope to update you more in next few days.

Thanks.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Shakya,

Thank you for your contributions and all the effort you've put in
throughout the summer.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Shakya Wijerama <sh...@gmail.com> wrote on 24/08/2012 10:30:55
PM:

<mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> > wrote:
> (Forwarding to the mailing list.)
>
> Shakya, thanks for the update.
>
> Michael Glavassevich
> XML Technologies and WAS Development
> IBM Toronto Lab
> E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

> Shakya Wijerama <sh...@gmail.com> wrote on 18/08/2012 02:34:41
PM:

<mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
> > > wrote:
> > Hi Shakya,
> >
> > Great work!
> >
> > I know you're almost ready to tie this together with an entity
> > resolver. Let us know if you have any questions on how to design and
> > implement that.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Michael Glavassevich
> > XML Technologies and WAS Development