Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Neil Blue <Ne...@denovopharma.com> on 2004/04/23 10:55:20 UTC

>> Grammar parser getting started help please.

Hello,

I am using xerces 2.6.2, and I am trying to preparse a schema. Here is the test code that I am using:

import org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.*;
import org.apache.xerces.parsers.*;
import org.apache.xerces.xni.grammars.*;
import java.io.*;

public class PSVITest
{
    public static void main(String[] args)
	throws Exception
    {
	System.out.println("PSVI Test");
	XMLInputSource in = new XMLInputSource(null, null, null);
	in.setCharacterStream(new FileReader("test.xsd"));
	XMLGrammarPreparser parser = new XMLGrammarPreparser();
	Grammar grammar = parser.preparseGrammar(XMLGrammarDescription.XML_SCHEMA
						 ,in);
	System.out.println(grammar);
    }
}

Schema file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
targetNamespace="http://www.w3schools.com"
xmlns="http://www.w3schools.com"
elementFormDefault="qualified">

<xs:element name="note">
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
	<xs:element name="to" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:element name="from" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:element name="heading" type="xs:string"/>
	<xs:element name="body" type="xs:string"/>
      </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

</xs:schema>

This just produces null outputs:

PSVI Test
null

Please can anyone tell me how I can produce a parsed schema grammar?

Thanks
Neil Blue

Re: >> Grammar parser getting started help please.

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@apache.org>.
Hello,

An XMLGrammarLoader for schemas needs to be registered with the
XMLGrammarPreparser. Have a look at the xni.XMLGrammarBuilder sample. You
can register the built-in schema loader like this:

parser.registerPreparser(XMLGrammarDescription.XML_SCHEMA, null);

Hope that helps.