Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mukarram Baig <mu...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/26 01:49:37 UTC

release plan for tomcat 7.x for java9

hello good folks!

I see that the endorsed directory related problem in tomcat 7.x for running
in java 9 has been fixed by the patch by rjung in
https://github.com/apache/tomcat70/commit/e7ae8664922cd54fabe847527bad614bcd5ce301#diff-da184cf589a25174c11dc3f4dbaeb0b4

Do we know the approximate date by when we can expect a new release for 7.x
series that has this change?

Thanks for the awesome work guys!

Re: release plan for tomcat 7.x for java9

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 26/10/2017 02:49, Mukarram Baig wrote:
> hello good folks!
>
> I see that the endorsed directory related problem in tomcat 7.x for running
> in java 9 has been fixed by the patch by rjung in
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat70/commit/e7ae8664922cd54fabe847527bad614bcd5ce301#diff-da184cf589a25174c11dc3f4dbaeb0b4
>

> Do we know the approximate date by when we can expect a new release for 7.x
> series that has this change?

Releases tend to be monthly with the process starting with trunk at the
beginning of the month and the other releases following afterwards. So
best guess, middle to end November.

As an aside, there are a bunch of other changes in Tomcat 7 related to
smoother running on Java 9as well. The remaining TODOs relate to Commons
Daemon - that is where the current focus is.

Mark

Re: release plan for tomcat 7.x for java9

Posted by Violeta Georgieva <vi...@apache.org>.

> Thanks for the update, Mark.
>
> On 19/01/18 00:06, Mukarram Baig wrote:
> > Hey Mark
> >
> > Just wanted to see if there was an update to getting a new release.
>
> 9.0.x and 8.5.x are happening now. Best guess is 8.0.x and 7.0.x will
> follow.

We are currently voting Tomcat 7.0.84.
You may take a look at the proposed release, test it and provide feedback.

Here is a link to the voting
https://marc.info/?l=tomcat-dev&m=151637649125895&w=2

Regards,
Violeta

Posted by Mukarram Baig <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update, Mark.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@homeinbox.net>.

Posted by Mukarram Baig <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hey Mark

Just wanted to see if there was an update to getting a new release.

Thanks!