Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Ebert, Chris" <ch...@hp.com> on 2006/02/16 23:56:29 UTC

Bug in dateTime handling with Axis 1.2.1?

Hi all,

I have an input that has type xs:dateTime. Axis is serializing the
Calendar object to something like "Thu Oct 27 17:00:00 PDT 2005". This
isn't the format specified in
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-2-20010502/#dateTime-lexical-rep
r, which would look more like 2005-10-27T17:00:00-08:00.

My *server* isn't Axis, only the client, and the server doesn't like it.
I think this is a bug in Axis -- has it been fixed in some version? Is
there some subtlety in the wsdl declaration? Or am I all wet?

Chris

Re: Bug in dateTime handling with Axis 1.2.1?

Posted by Ju...@mro.com.
I faced this bug in Axis 1.1. However this was fixed in 1.2.1 and I don't
have this problem anymore (I'm talking client, not the server). Can you
check the generated stubs to see if it's using the CalendarSerializer
class? CalendarSerializer does generate the correct Schema dateTime
representation. Can you post your WSDL as well?

- Junaid

             "Ebert, Chris"
             <chris.ebert@hp.c
                                       <ax...@ws.apache.org>
             02/16/2006 05:56                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Bug in dateTime handling with Axis
             Please respond to         1.2.1?