Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2012/10/25 17:59:42 UTC

Schedule Announced for CloudStack Conference

Good news, everybody!

The CloudStack Collaboration Conference schedule is now up! You can find
it at:

http://collab12.cloudstack.org/schedule/

A big thank you to everyone who's submitted talks, and to David Nalley,
Chip Childers, and John John Kinsella for voting on the submissions. We
were initially concerned about the quantity of submissions given the
short run-up to the conference - but we were blown away by the quality
*and* quantity of the submissions.

We'll be announcing keynotes shortly, and the evening events. A lot of
really good stuff coming for the conference - I hope to see many of you
there, you really don't want to miss it!

Best,

Joe
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: Schedule Announced for CloudStack Conference

Posted by "Kelceydamage@bbits" <ke...@bbits.ca>.
Awesome, it's a shame it only shows the name of the form submitter, and not all speakers,

That should be rectified, as there are people who will be looking for speakers.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Geoff Arnold <ge...@geoffarnold.com>.
Heads-up: if you are planning to attend both the CloudStack Collaboration and AWS:invent (as I am), you should book your hotel for each conference separately (using the group code) and then call the Venetian to have them link the two reservations (so you don't have to move rooms). The room rates are the same, but the group codes are used for other logistical purposes. (I did it wrong, and just spent 35 minutes on the phone to the Venetian untangling things.)

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Arnold <ge...@geoffarnold.com>.

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
Well done joe for getting this off the ground so quickly

Kind regards
Giles

On 25 Oct 2012, at 17:00, "Joe Brockmeier" <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:

> Good news, everybody!
>
> The CloudStack Collaboration Conference schedule is now up! You can find
> it at:
>
> http://collab12.cloudstack.org/schedule/
>
> A big thank you to everyone who's submitted talks, and to David Nalley,
> Chip Childers, and John John Kinsella for voting on the submissions. We
> were initially concerned about the quantity of submissions given the
> short run-up to the conference - but we were blown away by the quality
> *and* quantity of the submissions.
>
> We'll be announcing keynotes shortly, and the evening events. A lot of
> really good stuff coming for the conference - I hope to see many of you
> there, you really don't want to miss it!
>
> Best,
>
> Joe
> --
> Joe Brockmeier
> jzb@zonker.net
> Twitter: @jzb
> http://www.dissociatedpress.net/

ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.

________________________________

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.

RE: Schedule Announced for CloudStack Conference

Posted by Abhijith Chandrashekar <Ab...@citrix.com>.
Does anybody know if it is OK to attend the conference and not stay at The Venetian. I'm contemplating making other arrangements for stay and attending the conference.

Thanks,
Abhijith

Posted by Abhijith Chandrashekar <Ab...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Sheng Liang <Sh...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Sheng Liang <Sh...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Sat, Nov 03, 2012 at 06:14:43PM -0600, Marcus Sorensen wrote:
> Anyone know if there will be more slots? Or if it matters if more
> people come? I wanted to bring someone with me, but unfortunately I
> don't know who just yet (probably solidify that this week).

We're going to try to encourage folks who aren't going to attend to
release their tickets, but we are maxed out at 300 attendees.

We'll be sending out an email tomorrow about that to the currently
registered attendees. We also need for people who have signed up for the
conference to register *in the room block* for the event. (I know we
have some folks who are also attending the AWS event and may have just
signed up for the whole week under that block - that won't work, as
we're committed to a certain number of rooms and The Venetian won't
credit us for folks who aren't signed up under our block.)

We do have a waitlist available - please sign up there if you have
someone who wants to attend who isn't signed up.

Thanks!

Joe
--
Joe Brockmeier
Twitter: @jzb

Re: Schedule Announced for CloudStack Conference

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Anyone know if there will be more slots? Or if it matters if more
people come? I wanted to bring someone with me, but unfortunately I
don't know who just yet (probably solidify that this week).

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com>.
Hello Donal,

Posted by Chandan Purushothama <Ch...@citrix.com>.