Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Howard <ch...@elfpen.com> on 2011/06/29 19:00:42 UTC

[users@httpd] virtual IP hosts, USER and GROUP

Hi,

I run an in-house webserver.
It is on a multi-homed host running HP-UX.

I want to run three different instances of the httpd
server, one serving each of the three IP addresses.

I set up my three config files, each with a different
Listen directive.

I also want to have each of my three instances running
under a different user/group.  I have set up the
config files with User/Group directives.

I am testing it out with two.. so when I start just
the one instance that serves my own network, I see
that it is running with the user/group I specified.

The test I am using is a small cgi script that runs the
'id' command, showing the user/group being employed
when the cgi is executed.

I then start a second instance.  When I run my
test again I see that I am now the user/group of the
second instance, not the first.

So,  my basic question is:  How do I run virtual hosts
separated by IP address and running with different user/group?

One last thing:  I believe I am running Apache v 2.x which
is supplied by HP-UX.  I can pin that down further if it
is needed.

Thanks

Chris Howard

[users@httpd] mod_authnz_ldap

Posted by Tim <ni...@linuxstuff.info>.
Hey All,

So I have been playing with mod_authnz_ldap and Authentication and
Authorizations works
perfectly. However, the first time a Non-Authorize users attempts to
login I want to stop prompting and user the 401 error msg.

This is not the case the user is prompted another times and then it
fails. It should continue
if the user fat fingers their password but not if they are not authorized.

Any advice?

Tim

Re: [users@httpd] virtual IP hosts, USER and GROUP

Posted by Chris Howard <ch...@elfpen.com>.
On 6/29/2011 12:12 PM, Eric Covener wrote:
>> So,  my basic question is:  How do I run virtual hosts
>> separated by IP address and running with different user/group?
>
> Do you just need to set ScriptSock in 2 of your 3 instances? In 2.0,
> subsequent ones can just clobber eachother.

I didn't know about ScriptSock.  Yes, when I turn off mod_cgid  it
works as I expected.  So that is my problem.

I'm having some trouble specifying a new socket file with ScriptSock
but I will work on it.

Now at least I know why it was doing that.

Thanks!

Re: [users@httpd] virtual IP hosts, USER and GROUP

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.