Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Locke, Hillary [US] (MS)" <El...@ngc.com> on 2019/03/26 20:29:03 UTC

NiFI Registry System Admin question regarding GitFlowPersistenceProvider

To Whom It May Concern:

We would like to tie a NiFi Registry to our Enterprise GitHub repository. However, I cannot find any examples given for how to connect to a repository which is not directly in github.com, but rather in an enterprise GitHub account (github.companyname.com). How do I configure the providers.xml to link to https://github.sector.companyname.com/teamname/reponame.git? I do not know how to set up the property for Flow Storage Directory in the flowPersistenceProvider for this.

Sincerely,
Hillary

E. Hillary Locke
Software Engineer
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
402.293.7005

Re: NiFI Registry System Admin question regarding GitFlowPersistenceProvider

Posted by Andy LoPresto <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Hillary,

I believe you can just initialize a local git repository as usual (i.e. git init .) and configure the remote to be github.companyname.com <http://github.companyname.com/>, then configure the GitFlowPersistenceProvider [1] to point the “Flow Storage Directory” value to this directory. If you already have an existing repository, it should be as easy as cloning the repository to the local file system and pointing there. See additional docs (mostly summarized above) about initializing the Git directory here [2].

If you try/have tried these steps and it does not work, please let us know and we can work with you to resolve the issue.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-registry-docs/html/administration-guide.html#gitflowpersistenceprovider
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-registry-docs/html/administration-guide.html#initialize-git-directory

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org