Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2006/08/16 20:38:54 UTC

CAY-614 [Was: release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1]

On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

> The toMany list toString and bug fix are the two I'm specifically
> thinking about.

Mike, I just applied your CAY-614 fix to 2.0 branch and HEAD. From
your earlier message my understanding was that you will only work
with 1.2 branch. I was wrong on that, sorry for stepping on your toes.

Andrus

Re: CAY-614 [Was: release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1]

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/06, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
>
> > The toMany list toString and bug fix are the two I'm specifically
> > thinking about.
>
> Mike, I just applied your CAY-614 fix to 2.0 branch and HEAD. From
> your earlier message my understanding was that you will only work
> with 1.2 branch. I was wrong on that, sorry for stepping on your toes.

No, you're not wrong.   I'm only planning on working on 1.2 for now.
Nothing to apologize for.   Thanks for taking care of this and
catching the failed unit test -- I probably would have caught this a
little later when I started working on outer joins, but it's
embarrassing none the less.

Re: CAY-614 [Was: release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1]

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

> So I can plan my future upgrade accordingly -- Is 2.0 going to be 1.2
> with only the packages renamed?

Although originally I thought we might forgo patching 2.0 with 1.2
bug fixes, till now this hasn't been a big deal and the two are in
sync. Let's try to keep it that way in the future. In addition to
package renaming there were some changes related to IP clearance.
Those should not affect anybody I think.

> And new development is only occuring on 3.0?  Just bug fixes on 2.0?

Yes.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Aug 16, 2006, at 2:38 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

>  I was wrong on that, sorry for stepping on your toes.

Damn... another typing disorder. This should read "IF I was wrong..."
Should get some sleep :-)

Andrus