Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Juan Jose Natera <na...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 01:33:32 UTC

Re: Have I got mod_perl installed?

> I was trying `perl -MCPAN -e 'install SOAP::Apache'.

That actually tries to install SOAP::Lite

> t/06-modules...........NOK 15# Failed test 15 in t/06-modules.t at
> line 24 fail #14
> #  t/06-modules.t line 24 is:   $@ =~ /(Can\'t
> locate)|(XML::Parser::Lite requires)|(this is only version)|(load
> mod_perl)/

It seems SOAP::Lite once installed knows how to handle the different
versions of mod_perl (including 1.99_X).

However, when you attempt to install SOAP::Lite if you tell it you
want an Apache/ModPerl SOAP server, it tries to install mod_perl 1.2X,
so my suggestion would be to tell it you _don't_ want Apache/mod_perl
support, it will install the transport modules anyway.

> the load mod_perl is what concerns me and during the install it said
> that mod_perl wasn't installed.
>
> I am tempted to install from source but I am nervous about crippling
> my installation as it's a live system.

Tell CPAN where you want your modules installed:

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> o conf makepl_arg PREFIX=/usr/local/whatever
cpan> o conf commit

Then you can adjust @INC via your preferred method.

Still, I would recommend testing it in another machine and asking at
the SOAP::Lite users mailing list, since that's where the problem
seems to be.

Juan

Re: Have I got mod_perl installed?

Posted by Jordan McLain <jo...@gmail.com>.
I had the same problem with 0.69... I just used 0.66 instead:

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=soaplite&filename=SOAP-Lite-0.66.tar.gz&use_mirror=superb-west

Jordan Mclain
eCarList.com