Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by fr...@fritid.as on 2014/12/15 00:37:33 UTC

[users@httpd] How to send mails to this group without beeing rejected for spamming ?

I'm having trouble getting my mail into this list.

I have some questions about mod_rewrite and mod_proxy.  My original mail
has snippets from my configuration and references to url's that I want to
ask about, but every mail is rejected because of spam-filter at apache :

 Router: Error transferring message 0080BA77 via SMTP to
mx1-us-east.APACHE.ORG,mx1-us-west.APACHE.ORG,mx1.us.APACHE.ORG,mx1-eu-west.APACHE.ORG,mx1.eu.APACHE.ORG
 552 spam score (6.2) exceeded threshold (HTML_MESSAGE,URIBL_SBL

How can I send questions to the group that contains snipptes from my
rewrite-rules and proxy-configurations ?

/frode

Re: [users@httpd] How to send mails to this group without beeing rejected for spamming ?

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
My second try, since my first was also rejected by the spam filter.

Set your mail client to send plain text instead of HTML.
I have found that is usually enough.

You could also try post your config as a gist (gist.github.com) (or
similar) and have one link in your message.

- Y