Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com> on 2020/07/14 15:57:25 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Cayenne 4.1 release

Hi all,

The GA release of Cayenne 4.1 is almost here!

Release notes: https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/4.1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1040/
Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1/

Please evaluate and cast your votes.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne 4.1 release

Posted by Lon Varscsak <lo...@gmail.com>.
4.2 is way better. :P

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Thanks all.

Posted by Nikita Timofeev <nt...@objectstyle.com>.
Here is my

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1

1) verified signatures
2) verified archives are basically identical between platforms
3) RAT indicates no unlicensed files
4) compiled from source
5) unit tests ran successfully
6) macOS specific and Platform-agnostic modelers launch on macOS

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
+1

Noticed a few minor things that do not affect my vote.

* Copyright year in the Modeler is still 2019
* A snapshot version of Rat that I am using (apache-rat-0.14-20200227.222331-84.jar) complains about our exclude patterns, and consequently reports all these excluded files as unlicensed (did they switch from globs to regex?)

Will skip given exclusion '*.plist' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.plist
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.fspec' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.fspec
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.map.xml' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.map.xml
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.graph.xml' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.graph.xml
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.driver.xml' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.driver.xml
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.html' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.html
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.css' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.css
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.jceks' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.jceks
^
Will skip given exclusion '*.iml' due to java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling meta character '*' near index 0
*.iml
^

Andrus

Posted by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to this soon.  If I have time, I'll get
to it, but if not and there are enough votes, please don't let me hold the
release back.

Thanks!