Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Stroemfeldt, Casper (CDS-VPI)" <ST...@euro.who.int> on 2004/07/29 11:57:38 UTC

Section header expected

Dear All,
Very sorry if this has already been asked. I've just joined the list.

I've setup a Subversion server (Win2000, Win Xp client)
If I try to do a checkout with
"svn checkout svn://server_name/repos"
I get "C:/InetPub/.../svnserve.conf:12:Section header expected"

I've tried both with commandline svn and tortoiseSVN with the same result.
For the test svnserve.conf has
anon-access = write
# auth-access = write

Any input is much appreciated.

Casper

Re: Section header expected

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Stroemfeldt, Casper (CDS-VPI) wrote:
> Dear All,
> Very sorry if this has already been asked. I've just joined the list.
>
> I've setup a Subversion server (Win2000, Win Xp client)
> If I try to do a checkout with
> "svn checkout svn://server_name/repos"
> I get "C:/InetPub/.../svnserve.conf:12:Section header expected"
>
> I've tried both with commandline svn and tortoiseSVN with the same result.
> For the test svnserve.conf has
> anon-access = write
> # auth-access = write

svnserve.conf is an INI-style file, which means variables must be
grouped into "sections".  Those two variables above are supposed to be
in a [general] section.  Notice it's already commented out in the
default svnserve.conf.