Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sam wun <sw...@gmx.com> on 2008/09/06 09:37:30 UTC

Good JSP editor

Hi there,

I know it is better for me to ask this quetion in a jsp forum, but I
couldn't find one for mailing list .

And you guys are very helpful too in terms of this experience.

If you areĀ  using a good jsp editor, can you tell me where its download
link?

My current development enviornment is Eclipse 3.4 and Tomcat 5.5.26

Thanks

Re: Good JSP editor

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2008/9/6 sam wun <sw...@gmx.com>:

> If you are  using a good jsp editor, can you tell me where its download
> link?
>
> My current development enviornment is Eclipse 3.4 and Tomcat 5.5.26

What are you expecting from a "good" one?
You know, tastes and requirements may differ.

Eclipse already has an JSP editor. I mean, the JEE developer's edition
of Eclipse.

Our developers are using it and have no significant complaints.

Well, some older versions could corrupt the page code (loosing
characters) when reformatting it, but that was a year ago. I do not
know such complaint about the current one.

Also, there are still some issues when correct code is highlighed
as if it were wrong. Usually I leave JSP validation disabled for the
build time.

There are some other web development plugins for Eclipse, that
predate the Web Standard Tools WST/JST project (e.g. MyEclipse),
but I do not know what is their status now.
Some of them might be more mature than WST/JST.

Best regard,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Good JSP editor

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
> I know it is better for me to ask this quetion in a jsp forum, but I
> couldn't find one for mailing list .
>
> And you guys are very helpful too in terms of this experience.
>

> If you are using a good jsp editor, can you tell me where its download
> link?
>

> My current development enviornment is Eclipse 3.4 and Tomcat 5.5.26
>

> Thanks

Sam, I have made no comparison between them... but have a look at netbeans.
If you looking for something like, you in JSP and want a little palette to
drag a table, or form onto it...

Having said that... I still use external html editors...
I see that in netbeans... PHP is now also working, and in the latest beta's
they starting to get javascript stuff going...
Actually for Javascript I use the now very old MS Interdev... as well as
FireFox

That Interdev is from the old VS 6 days so its possible to bum a free copy
from someone.. its becomeing hard to install on XP and such, but its
probably the best JS editor debuggng tool out there... step thru in IE and
bounce back and forth from browser to the code etc.

Dont know what other people are finding but I still use a complete
mismatched bundle of tools... bounce around between tools.
ie I dont think there is one do it all tool

Have fun...

The only real POJO Application Server.