Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD)" <Ma...@infineon.com> on 2008/03/04 14:56:57 UTC

[ApacheDS] objectclass posixAccount not available

I've read TFM, but haven't found an answer:
I'm using ApacheDS 1.5.1, have done a basic setup (added 1 partition,
"dc=com"), and now am trying to add users in a subtree in this partition.

Problem: For reasons unknown to me I can't set an objectClass=posixAccount.
I can see m-oid=1.3.6.1.1.1.2.0,ou=objectClasses,cn=nis,ou=schema, which
has an attribute m-name=posixAccount; but when creating a new entry that
objectClass is not available. (The same holds true for other objectClasses,
e.g. shadowAccount)

Any hints?

Oh, and something completely different: The website uses
body { background-attachment: fixed; }
which makes scrolling extremely CPU-intensive, at least with FF2 under Linux;
any chance that this can be changed?

tia,
--
Martin Schuster
Infineon Technologies IT-Services GmbH

Lakeside B05
9020 Klagenfurt, Austria

FB: LG Klagenfurt, FN 246787y

VISIT US AT http://www.infineon.com/austria

Re: [ApacheDS] objectclass posixAccount not available

Posted by "Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD)" <Ma...@infineon.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Make sure the NIS schema is enabled.  To do so look at the cn=nis entry.  If
> its m-disabled attribute is set to TRUE you will need to either delete the
> attribute or set it to FALSE.  This should enable or disable the schema.

That did the trick! It was enough to reconnect to the server with the ADStudio
after I set m-disabled=FALSE, I didn't have to restart the server -- sweet.

Thanks Alex!

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Make sure the NIS schema is enabled.  To do so look at the cn=nis entry.  If
its m-disabled attribute is set to TRUE you will need to either delete the
attribute or set it to FALSE.  This should enable or disable the schema.

Alex

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Martin Schuster (IFKL IT OS DSM CD) wrote:
> Oh, and something completely different: The website uses
> body { background-attachment: fixed; }
> which makes scrolling extremely CPU-intensive, at least with FF2 under Linux;
> any chance that this can be changed?

Seems to be a FF bug :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/125970
> tia,