Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt <mh...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/20 15:23:42 UTC

Running a "mock" spamassassin run?

Hi,
Is there anyway that I can get spamassassin to run in "mock" mode?
That is, to only log what would be marked, but to not actually mark
it?  I basically want to test the mail server to see what messages
would be marked and which ones would not.

Re: Running a "mock" spamassassin run?

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@nougen.com>.

Matt wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there anyway that I can get spamassassin to run in "mock" mode?
> That is, to only log what would be marked, but to not actually mark
> it?  I basically want to test the mail server to see what messages
> would be marked and which ones would not.

Hi,

spamc -c

-c  Just check if the message is spam or not.  Set process exitcode to
     1 if message is spam, 0 if not spam or processing failure occurs.
     Will print score/threshold to stdout (as ints) or 0/0 if there was
     an error.  Combining -c and -E is a no-op, since -c implies the be-
     haviour of -E.

Regards,

Rick

Re: chickenpox rule - ignoring extremely high scores

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 04:38 PM 10/20/2004 -0700, .rp wrote:

>we are using Version 1.18 and have come across the problem of when
>people send us comma delimited files as part of the email instead of as an
>attachment. Is there a way to tell spamassassin (or chickenpox) that if the
>score gets above 15 to ignore this message and let it on through?

No.

>Is there a way to have the chickenpox test skipped for certain recipients?
>We have it in the /etc/mail/spamassassin directory.

No. SA doesn't work that way.. everything in /usr/share/spamassassin and
/etc/mail/spamassassin is parsed at the time spamd or spamassassin or
Mail::SpamAssassin loads, long before the recipient is known.

In the case of spamd, it's also more efficient that way.

Realisticly, I'd just ditch chickenpox. It's spam performance isn't really
all that great and if it's causing you problems...

You could create a custom rule to compensate, or just use more_spam_to for
the recipient.

more_spam_to xyz@evi-inc.com

or something like this:

header __TO_XYZ To =~ /xyz@evi-inc.com/i

meta XYZ_CHICKENPOX_12   J_CHICKENPOX_12 && __TO_XYZ
score   XYZ_CHICKENPOX_12       -5.0

meta XYZ_CHICKENPOX_13   J_CHICKENPOX_13 && __TO_XYZ
score   XYZ_CHICKENPOX_13       -5.0

meta XYZ_CHICKENPOX_14   J_CHICKENPOX_14 && __TO_XYZ
score   XYZ_CHICKENPOX_14       -5.0

etc...

or this :

header __TO_XYZ To =~ /xyz@evi-inc.com/i
header __FROM_ABC       From =~ /abc@evi-inc.com/i
meta ABC_TO_XYZ _FROM_ABC && __TO_XYZ
score ABC_TO_XYZ        -10.0

chickenpox rule - ignoring extremely high scores