Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vidar Tyldum Hansen <vi...@mail.tyldum.com> on 2008/09/26 15:03:06 UTC

BRBL hirate and accuracy [Re: New free blacklist: BRBL - Barracuda Reputation Block List]

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:51:37PM -0700, Jeff Chan wrote:
> [Pardon the spam; thought this new blacklist might be worth at
> least trying.]
>
> Apparently Barracuda will be publishing a free-to-use sender
> blacklist called BRBL:
>
>   http://www.barracudacentral.org/rbl

In case someone shares my interest in hitrates, here are the stats I
gathered from yesterdays email:

Spam in XBL:
66%

Spam in BRBL:
35%

Spam in both:
29%

Corpus:
My users are norwegian, server located in Norway.
2212 emails was tagged as spam. None of the emails passed as ham was hit
by either XEN or BRBL.

--
          Vidar Tyldum Hansen