Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Baker,Jonathan" <Ba...@oclc.org> on 2006/06/22 19:14:38 UTC

[shale] t:commandLink issues

I am experiencing an issue when embedding a t:commandLink component in a
t:dataTable/t:column.  For some reason my action is failing to bind to
my viewController method.  If I put the exact same link outside of the
table with hard-coded parameter values, the link works correctly.

I have run in my debugger and discovered that during the
ApplyRequestValues phase while trying to decode the components
submitted, we work our way into the processDecodes method of UIData.
This eventually calls a method called processColumnChildren which should
process each column and the components contained within.  I created a
table that only contains one row for simplicity.
This method is supposed to get every component for a given row and
process their decode methods.  The problem is that before it process a
row it checks to see if the row is currently available.  This calls
dataModel.isRowAvailable.  Somehow I have an instance of emptyDataModel,
which always returns false to isRowAvailable, so my linkComponent is
never decoded.

Why is my datamodel always becoming the EmptyDataModel.  During
rendering it has no problem finding my backing beans to populate the
view, it just can't find it during the applyrequestvalues step.

JB