Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joe Barefoot <Jo...@motiva.com> on 2003/10/02 19:17:27 UTC

JK2 log location, anyone?

sorry to repost so quickly, but this seems like it should be a really simple answer:  Where is the JK2 log file placed by default, and how do you specify where it should go on Windows using IIS?  I've tried various registry keys per the documentation with no luck (see below).  Keep in mind that I've gotten the IIS->Tomcat redirect working, I just want to know where the log info goes.

thanks,
Joe

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
According to the docs (don't have them handy at the
moment), mod_jk2 uses the Windows system logging as a
default.  If you want to use your own log file, put
something like the following in workers2.properties.

# Alternate file logger
[logger.file:0]
# level=DEBUG
file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log

[workerEnv:]
info=Global server options
timing=1
debug=0
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues
logger=logger.file:0

${serverRoot} is the root directory of your Apache
installation - in my case it's C:\Apache2.

HTH

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .