Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Stefan Burkard <sb...@previon.ch> on 2003/08/19 18:19:41 UTC

setup problem 1.0rc1 (missing classes under org.apache.cocoon.webapps)

hi there

i tried to setup lenya 1.0rc1 and it all runs fine. but when i start it
in the browser under http://localhost:8080/lenya/ i received an internal
server error

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.selection.MediaSelector

when i look under
[tomcat]/webapps/lenya/web-inf/classes/org/apache/cocoon/ the whole
directory "webapps" is missing. so it's no wonder it can't find the
class.

is it possible that i build cocoon the wrong way (target, property?). or
has anybody else the same problem?

greetings
stefan

Re: setup problem 1.0rc1 (missing classes under org.apache.cocoon.webapps)

Posted by Fabian Dal Santo <f....@qut.edu.au>.
I had exactly the same problem.  I also compiled cocoon2.1M1 and it didn't
have that package either.  Will try Michael's suggestion.

Fabian

Posted by Fabian Dal Santo <f....@qut.edu.au>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.selection.MediaSelector

Yes, upgrading to the latest nightly build fixed this problem for me
(lenya-1.0-dev-src-20030820045721.tar.gz, cocoon2.1rc1, tomcat 4.1.27)

However, I then also got the same error relating to not being able to log
into the default application, and getting the "page is probably not
published" error.  I also fixed this by the suggestion by someone in the
newsgroup to replace <xsl:include href="menu.xsl"/> in
/lenya/lenya/xslt/menu/root.xsl with the contents of menu.xsl.

Lenya seems to be running as it should now.

My university is considering using cocoon for a large part of it's on line
e-learning content and frankly lenya is a godsend so the staff don't have
to hack XML etc.

Keep up the good work.

Fabian

Re: setup problem 1.0rc1 (missing classes under org.apache.cocoon.webapps)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.