Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Antti Barck <an...@nsd.fi> on 2002/01/11 18:23:30 UTC

Using SQL Server 2000 JDBC

Helo again!

I am sorry if this seems to be crossposting, but I
figured it all out before anyone replied to my posting
'SQLServerDriver'. The key to resolve the problem was
to add following lines to TurbineReaource.properties:

database.adaptor=DBMSSQL
database.adaptor.DBMSSQL=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.S
QLServerDriver

After that Sybased adaptor should be available.

If someone wants to use SQL Server 2000 w/ jetspeed,
here are configuration lines that seems to be working:

database.default.driver=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQ
LServerDriver
database.default.url=jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localho
st:1433;DatabaseName=[databasename];SelectMethod=cursor
database.default.username=[user]
database.default.password=[password]

The proper place for this posting might be
jetspeed-user, sorry for inconveineince.

Re: Using SQL Server 2000 JDBC

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Colm McCartan <co...@owl.co.uk> writes:

> Antti Barck wrote:
>
>> Helo again!
>> I am sorry if this seems to be crossposting, but I
>> figured it all out before anyone replied to my posting
>> 'SQLServerDriver'. The key to resolve the problem was
>> to add following lines to TurbineReaource.properties:
>> database.adaptor=DBMSSQL
>> database.adaptor.DBMSSQL=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.S
>> QLServerDriver
>
> Something similar tripped me up for a while - can anyone confirm that
> it is not enough to set the *default* adaptor - the tr.props file must
> also have a definition like that above (i.e. the actual adaptor in use
> is always entered twice)?

I believe this to be true for the 2.x tree.  Not sure about the
decoupled packages, but their source is easier to grok.

Re: Using SQL Server 2000 JDBC

Posted by Colm McCartan <co...@owl.co.uk>.

Antti Barck wrote:

> Helo again!
>
> I am sorry if this seems to be crossposting, but I
> figured it all out before anyone replied to my posting
> 'SQLServerDriver'. The key to resolve the problem was
> to add following lines to TurbineReaource.properties:
>
> database.adaptor=DBMSSQL
> database.adaptor.DBMSSQL=com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.S
> QLServerDriver

Something similar tripped me up for a while - can anyone confirm that it
is not enough to set the *default* adaptor - the tr.props file must also
have a definition like that above (i.e. the actual adaptor in use is
always entered twice)?

colm