Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Wayne Keenan <wa...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/01 08:24:54 UTC

Enabling the Nordic HAL gpio external IRQ detection

Hi,

I'd like to detect button pressed via IRQ based edge detection because polling gpio pins is currently not a practical solution for my 'app'.

I could just remove  the #if defines in the hal .c and just try it but those are obviously there for a 'bigger picture' reason.

I couldn't find an open issue on JIRA so wondered if anyone could please let me know a bit more and if this is on anyones radar?

All the best
Wayne

Re: Enabling the Nordic HAL gpio external IRQ detection

Posted by will sanfilippo <wi...@runtime.io>.
It is on our radar to port all the current HAL to the nordic chip and this would include generating an interrupt on a gpio level change. Not quite sure when that will occur but it near the top of the list to do.

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@apache.org>.
Hi Wayne,

I\u2019m working on fleshing out the HAL for Nordic chips as we speak, but
going slowly.

If you\u2019d like to make the changes, I\u2019d make sure to merge anything
you did into my work, and we\u2019d appreciate the contribution.  If
you\u2019d like me to make them, I can reorg some stuff and make sure to
get that in first, but can\u2019t promise it will be before early next week
at this point, given everything else going on.

Best,

Sterling