Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2005/07/12 03:15:37 UTC

[ANN] continuum-1.0-alpha-3

The Maven team is pleased to announce the 1.0-alpha-2 release of
Continuum. This release offers users both an advance look at what's in
Continuum 1.0 and a head start in helping to shape the final Continuum
release.

You can find everything here:

http://maven.apache.org/continuum

The binaries can be found here:

http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/

Aside from the raft of usability improvements we made we now have a cool
new SOAP interface thanks to Dan Diephouse, and build notification via
IRC.

The change log can be found here:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10540&styleName=Html&version=10936

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

  -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)

Re: [ANN] continuum-1.0-alpha-3

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 07:22 +0200, Kenney Westerhof wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> The subject sais alpha-3,
>
> > The Maven team is pleased to announce the 1.0-alpha-2 release of
>
> and this line alpha-2.
>
> Human error or bug in some announce plugin?

Human error on my part.

> -- Kenney
>
> > Continuum. This release offers users both an advance look at what's in
> > Continuum 1.0 and a head start in helping to shape the final Continuum
> > release.
> >
> > You can find everything here:
> >
> > http://maven.apache.org/continuum
> >
> > The binaries can be found here:
> >
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/
> >
> > Aside from the raft of usability improvements we made we now have a cool
> > new SOAP interface thanks to Dan Diephouse, and build notification via
> > IRC.
> >
> > The change log can be found here:
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10540&styleName=Html&version=10936
> >
> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jason at maven.org
> > http://maven.apache.org
> >
> > First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
> > so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
> > the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
> > as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.
> >
> >   -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)

> Kenney Westerhof
> http://www.neonics.com
> GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks

Re: [ANN] continuum-1.0-alpha-3

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.

Re: [ANN] continuum-1.0-alpha-3

Posted by jeremi joslin <je...@gmail.com>.
On 7/12/05, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> The Maven team is pleased to announce the 1.0-alpha-2 release of
> Continuum. This release offers users both an advance look at what's in
> Continuum 1.0 and a head start in helping to shape the final Continuum
> release.
>
> You can find everything here:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/continuum
>
> The binaries can be found here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/binaries/
>
> Aside from the raft of usability improvements we made we now have a cool
> new SOAP interface thanks to Dan Diephouse, and build notification via
> IRC.
>
> The change log can be found here:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10540&styleName=Html&version=10936

Really nice,
Very simple to install and to configure.

Thanks,
Jérémi
--
portable : +33(0)6.73.20.11.49
http://www.jeremi.info

Re: [ANN] continuum-1.0-alpha-3

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 21:57 -0400, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> >The Maven team is pleased to announce the 1.0-alpha-2 release of
> >Continuum. This release offers users both an advance look at what's in
> >Continuum 1.0 and a head start in helping to shape the final Continuum
> >release.
> >
> >You can find everything here:
> >
> >http://maven.apache.org/continuum
> >

> Great news. Works great on my end.
>
> Is there a document describing the feature setup aimed for in continuum
> v1.0?

I knock something out for you:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-221

> /* joakim */

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare

Re: [ANN] continuum-1.0-alpha-3

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.net>.