Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paweł Stawicki <pa...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/30 14:34:00 UTC

"Authentication failed: The host was not known" when deploying from eclipse plugin

Hi,

I am trying to use maven eclipse plugin m2eclipse. When I run goal
deploy I get error:

Error retrieving previous build number for artifact
'installer:installer:jar': repository metadata for: 'snapshot
installer:installer:SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved from repository:
busse-test-ripo due to an error: Authentication failed: The host was
not known and was not accepted by the configuration:

Everything works fine when I rune "mvn deploy" from console.

My maven is 2.0.9, eclipse 3.3.2.

Anybody knows what can I do about it?

Regards
Pawel Stawicki

Re: "Authentication failed: The host was not known" when deploying from eclipse plugin

Posted by Todd Nine <to...@gmail.com>.
If you go into your eclipse preferences, then into the maven plugin config,
you should point it to your maven plugin installation, and do not use the
embedded maven.  I had issues using it until I set it up to use the same
maven that I call in the terminal.