Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2010/06/30 23:16:08 UTC

Getting Started

1. Can River source code use all JDK 1.6 features? In particular, what
should I do about generics? No generics, generics only in appropriate
private data structures, or use generics wherever appropriate, including
interfaces between modules?

2. How do people do revision control for work-in-progress? I like to
check in early and often, so that I have a good change log and can do a
lot of experiments, especially when performance tuning.

3. My preferred environment is a combination of Eclipse and Cygwin. Have
others used that combination? If so, can I have a copy of the Eclipse
editor set-up to get the right format, and also any Cygwin set-up?

Thanks,

Patricia

Re: Getting Started

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
OK, I'll keep my code 1.5 compliant pending further discussion of a move
to 1.6.

Patricia

RE: Getting Started

Re: Getting Started

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Hi Patricia,

My apologies for the delay answering, been very busy.

create a file in the trunk directory called "build.properties"

Then define the following properties in that file:

river.home="file path to trunk"
jtreg.home="path to jtreg install directory"
jdk1.5.home="path to jdk1.5 directory"  eg:
jdk1.5.home="/usr/jdk/jdk1.5.0_15"

Hope that helps, I'll answer your other questions shortly.

Currently one test is failing, ZRegisterStorm I think.

Regards,

Peter.

Re: Getting Started