Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Dave <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/14 00:50:57 UTC

error - javax.faces.application.NavigationHandler

  ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class org.apache.myfaces.custom.redirectTracker.Redirect
TrackerNavigationHandler is no javax.faces.application.NavigationHandler

  Anyone knows what is the cause of the error? The error message seems to show up after I put all myfaces jars into the JBOSS deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55/jsf-libs.  But I do not understand it.

  Thanks!

---------------------------------

Re: error - javax.faces.application.NavigationHandler

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.
Dave wrote:

> ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.redirectTracker.Redirect
> TrackerNavigationHandler is no javax.faces.application.NavigationHandler
>
> Anyone knows what is the cause of the error? The error message seems to
> show up after I put all myfaces jars into the JBOSS
> deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55/jsf-libs.  But I do not understand it.

I would guess that you've got two copies of the libs floating about and
this is the cause.

A class loaded via one classloader is creating an instance of
TrackerNavigationHandler, then passing it to something that is trying to
cast it, but the code doing the casting is loading NavigationHandler via
a different classloader.

The same class loaded via two different classloaders is NOT the same
Class object, so cannot be cast.

Regards,

Simon