Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Catherine D'Ignazio <ca...@pz.harvard.edu> on 2002/01/28 19:25:25 UTC

XMLSchema/Xindice newbie question

Hi All -

I posted a question the other day on XMLSchema & Xindice but I'd
actually like to post a different but similar question --

Does anyone know if I could use XML documents derived from XMLSchema
templates(as opposed to DTDs) as the XML files for Xindice, but simply
perform the XML validation somewhere else in the application (i.e. not
from within Xindice)? As long as there's no conflict there, Xindice
seems to be the perfect solution for our project.

Thanks in advance!
Catie

Re: XMLSchema/Xindice newbie question

Posted by Øyvind Vestavik <Oy...@idi.ntnu.no>.
Seems to me that Xindice/dbxml in fact is perfect for you.
As the only requirement for xml files to be stored in the db is that they
are well-formed, dbxml can store any kind of xml documents you derive from
Schemas or DTDs. Validation of document when it comes to DTDs or
schemas has to take place outside the database. There are no validation
inside the database, and thereby there should not be any conflicts
involved.

If anyone disagrees, then please let me know.. :-)

Øyvind

Øyvind Vestavik
Øvre Møllenberggt 44b
7014 Trondheim