Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/09/26 18:49:41 UTC

Re: SpamAssassin killing my server with memory usage

I suspect it's SAExim scanning too-large messages.  Check this
google search for more info:

http://www.google.com/search?q=exim%20spamassassin%20message%20size&btnG=Google+Search&num=100

SpamAssassin should *never* be used to scan messages over a reasonable
size limit (e.g. 500 KB, but 250 KB generally still works).

But yes, users is the correct forum ;)

- --j.

Posted by Andrew Jeffries <an...@nextgendevelopment.co.uk>.
Justin Mason wrote:
> I suspect it's SAExim scanning too-large messages.  Check this
> google search for more info:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=exim%20spamassassin%20message%20size&btnG=Google+Search&num=100
>
> SpamAssassin should *never* be used to scan messages over a reasonable
> size limit (e.g. 500 KB, but 250 KB generally still works).

OK, cool.  I've put a rule in to Exim to try to fix this.

> But yes, users is the correct forum ;)

OK, this will be my last message here - I'm unsubscribing next.  If the
problems continue, I'll go to users for followup.

Thanks Justin,

Cheers,

Andy

--