Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stephane Grialet <St...@ac-toulouse.fr> on 2001/04/23 17:46:07 UTC

Turbine deconnection time ?

Hi,

Does anybody  know how to change the deconnection time for turbine ?
In the TurbineResources.properties the database.expiryTime is set to 360000 but when a user want to click on deconnection after 15 minutes, jetspeed return a Turbine error that say :

"org.apache.turbine.util.security.UnknownEntityException: The account 'null' does not exist"

Regards
Jean Thersiquel

Re: Turbine deconnection time ?

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
Jean THERSIQUEL wrote:

> > 360000 (if you wrote it correctly) is 360 secs --> 6 min < 15 min
>
> I don't wrote correctly ! it's 3600000 ms --> 1 hour
>

> > Can you give the full stack trace?
>
> Of course :
>
>  There has been an Error!
>
>  Reason:
>
>          org.apache.turbine.util.security.UnknownEntityException: The
> account 'null' does not exist
>
>  Get/Post Data:
>
>   screen
>   template
>          = html/Error.jsp
>   action
>          = LogoutUser

What is the HTTP session timeout configured on your application server ?
This may be related to your session that is expired before the pool connection...

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris

Re: Turbine deconnection time ?

Posted by Jean THERSIQUEL <je...@ac-toulouse.fr>.

> 360000 (if you wrote it correctly) is 360 secs --> 6 min < 15 min

I don't wrote correctly ! it's 3600000 ms --> 1 hour

> Can you give the full stack trace?

Of course :

 There has been an Error!

 Reason:

         org.apache.turbine.util.security.UnknownEntityException: The
account 'null' does not exist

 Get/Post Data:

  screen
  template
         = html/Error.jsp
  action
         = LogoutUser

 Stacktrace:

         org.apache.turbine.util.security.UnknownEntityException: The
account 'null' does not exist
         at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.DBUserManager.store(DBUserManager.java:250)

         at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.saveUser(BaseSecurityService.java:357)

         at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.saveUser(TurbineSecurity.java:255)

         at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LogoutUser.doPerform(LogoutUser.java:97)

         at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:91)
         at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:124)
         at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:150)
         at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:92)
         at org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:125)

         at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:403)
         at

         at
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:160)

         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)

         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Re: Turbine deconnection time ?

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Stephane Grialet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody  know how to change the deconnection time for turbine ?
> In the TurbineResources.properties the database.expiryTime is set to
> 360000 but when a user want to click on deconnection after 15 minutes,
> jetspeed return a Turbine error that say :
>
> "org.apache.turbine.util.security.UnknownEntityException: The account
> 'null' does not exist"

360000 (if you wrote it correctly) is 360 secs --> 6 min < 15 min

So behaviour is correct unless the docs state it is not milliseconds.

It seems to point to a bug in turbine's connection pool (or the way we
use it), as the database should disconnect and re-connect in a
transparent way.