Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com> on 2014/08/01 21:04:03 UTC

Shell access to build machines

Hi all,

I was wondering who has access to the build machines. Since moving to the
new machines, we've had a number of what look like environmental issues
leading to flaky builds. One still outstanding example is HDFS-6694, and a
number of other times it would have been nice to poke around manually.

Is it possible for more of us to get access to expedite some of this
debugging? How would we go about requesting access?

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Shell access to build machines

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.
Giri followed up with me, and a search of the mail archives reveals this
earlier email from Rajiv (rajive@yahoo-inc.com):

=========

Yahoo hosts build slaves for Hadoop and other ASF projects. Since Hadoop
development community requested to keep slaves separated from other ASF
projects, Infra team doesn't want to maintain it.

Machines in Y! data center (minerva, vesta, etc) are in apache.org domain
and are managed by ASF infra. The rest, asf*.ygridcore.net are managed by
me.

Most of the accounts those boxes are not Yahoos. Any commiter, independent
of their
employer, can get access and the expectation the it would only be used for
builds. This restriction was put in to stop people from using these as
their personal dev boxes.

=========

Not sure if this situation has changed with the new boxes, but I emailed
Rajiv about access. Thanks all!

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Adding builds@apache