Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Can Arel <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/24 09:08:25 UTC

start.jar config

Hi all,
I have a server which uses Solr and for some reason the solr got
terminated. When I restart it with java -jar start.jar it uses stdout as
logger. Should I just redirect this with > to a file location or is there
an idomatic Solr way this should be done?

Thanks,
Can

Re: start.jar config

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Probably when originally started, whoever did it piped the output to
dev/null.

You can also change this permanently by altering the logging, see:
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging

Best,
Erick

Re: start.jar config