Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jørgen Ramskov <jr...@conterra.dk> on 2004/01/06 09:06:36 UTC

Error: 1 core axis library is missing

Hi, I'm trying to get Axis to work, but I get the error posted below when I
run the Axis validation webapp.

It's running Tomcat 4.0.6, jdk 1.3.1_02 and Esri ArcIMS 4.0 (a GIS
webserver). I've tried the webapp on a plain Tomcat install on another
system and it works there, but I have no idea why I get this error :(

I have added jaxrpc.jar and saaj.jar to CATALINA_HOME/common/lib, but that
didn't help, I've even tried adding all the Axis jar's to that dir, but that
didn't change anything either.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

=== CUT ===
Axis Happiness Page
Examining webapp configuration

Needed Components
Found SAAJ API (javax.xml.soap.SOAPMessage) at
C:\jdk1.3.1_02\jre\lib\ext\saaj.jar
Found JAX-RPC API (javax.xml.rpc.Service) at
C:\jdk1.3.1_02\jre\lib\ext\jaxrpc.jar

Error: could not find a dependency of class
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet from file axis.jar
Axis will not work
See http://xml.apache.org/axis/
The root cause was: org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase
This can happen e.g. if org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet is in the
'common' classpath, but a dependency like activation.jar is only in the
webapp classpath.

Found Jakarta-Commons Discovery (org.apache.commons.discovery.Resource) at
C:\jdk1.3.1_02\jre\lib\ext\commons-discovery.jar
Found Jakarta-Commons Logging (org.apache.commons.logging.Log) at
C:\jdk1.3.1_02\jre\lib\ext\commons-logging.jar
Found Log4j (org.apache.log4j.Layout) at
C:\jdk1.3.1_02\jre\lib\ext\log4j-1.2.8.jar
Found IBM's WSDL4Java (com.ibm.wsdl.factory.WSDLFactoryImpl) at
C:\jdk1.3.1_02\jre\lib\ext\wsdl4j.jar
Found JAXP implementation (javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory) at
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6\common\lib\xerces.jar
Found Activation API (javax.activation.DataHandler) at
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6\common\lib\activation.jar

Optional Components
Found Mail API (javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage) at
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.6\common\lib\mail.jar

Warning: could not find class org.apache.xml.security.Init from file
xmlsec.jar
XML Security is not supported
See http://xml.apache.org/security/

Found Java Secure Socket Extension (javax.net.ssl.SSLSocketFactory) at
C:\jdk1.3.1_02\jre\lib\ext\jsse.jar

1 core axis library is missing 1 optional axis library is missing
Note: On Tomcat 4.x and Java1.4, you may need to put libraries that contain
java.* or javax.* packages into CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
jaxrpc.jar and saaj.jar are two such libraries.
Note: Even if everything this page probes for is present, there is no
guarantee your web service will work, because there are many configuration
options that we do not check for. These tests are necessary but not
sufficient.

Greetings
Joergen Ramskov