Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Laurent Cornelis <la...@ubiquity.be> on 2003/08/21 12:36:51 UTC

validate() method and PageRedirectException

Hi,

I have a little question : In Tapestry 2.3, in the IPage's validate() method
when I throw a PageRedirectException, is the validate() method of the
redirected page called ? It seems it's not called...

Regards,

Laurent CORNELIS

RE: validate() method and PageRedirectException

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
It's not called in 2.3, this is changed in 3.0, where the new page is validated.  Also,
IREquestCycle.activate() (the equivalent to IRequestCycle.setPage() in 2.3) also validates.
Finally, in 3.0, there's a PageValidateListener event ntofiication, so that arbitrary objects and
components within the page can "have their say".

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components