Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org> on 2002/06/05 16:15:23 UTC

Hung vote [was: RE: [vote] on titles being elements or attributes]

Dear all,

Ballots so far + my majority +1 vote:

Should titles be child elements of sections, or remain attributes with
the section element within the v11 DTD's?

           |    element   |    attribute
--------------------------|-------------------
forrest    |    David     |    Nicola
committer  |    Steven    |    Konstantin
           |    Carlos    |
           |    Andrew    |
user       |    Bert      |
           |    Diana     |
           |    Ivelin    |

Given the fact Nicola has agreed the community to be part of this vote,
I assume we know what to do right now. Since contributors/non-committers
normally have no binding vote however, so we are still stuck w.r.t. the
'official' decision process
(http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html). We need one more extra
Forrest committer to vote on this, if we play by the rules (and we
should, IMO - this is cross-project stuff and certainly will cause
emotions with people transitioning their doco to our new DTD's, so we
should decide on this according 'the book').

John? Stefano?

</Steven>

Re: Hung vote [was: RE: [vote] on titles being elements or attributes]

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Steven Noels wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Ballots so far + my majority +1 vote:
>
> Should titles be child elements of sections, or remain attributes with
> the section element within the v11 DTD's?
>
>            |    element   |    attribute
> --------------------------|-------------------
> forrest    |    David     |    Nicola
> committer  |    Steven    |    Konstantin
>            |    Carlos    |
>            |    Andrew    |
> user       |    Bert      |
>            |    Diana     |
>            |    Ivelin    |
>
> Given the fact Nicola has agreed the community to be part of this vote,
> I assume we know what to do right now. Since contributors/non-committers
> normally have no binding vote however, so we are still stuck w.r.t. the
> 'official' decision process
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html). We need one more extra
> Forrest committer to vote on this, if we play by the rules (and we
> should, IMO - this is cross-project stuff and certainly will cause
> emotions with people transitioning their doco to our new DTD's, so we
> should decide on this according 'the book').
>
> John? Stefano?

I already voted for the element.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

RE: Hung vote [was: RE: [vote] on titles being elements or attributes]

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Heh - Stefano always submits mails in batches... :-)

I should remember to cvs update my mail before committing a new one ;-)

Hung vote issue resolved, thanks guys. I'll do the necessary.

</Steven>

                  Stefano